Ingredients for the dough:
- 1 litre of milk
- 1 vanilla pod
- 6 egg yolks (keep the whites)
- 200 g of powdered sugar
- 120 g of flour
1. Pour the litre of boiling milk on the mixture of egg yolks, sugar and flour. Put it all in a saucepan and stir until it begins to bubble. Remove from the heat while continuing to stir and pour it into a recipient to cool. Place cling film directly on the cream to prevent it from drying.
Ingredients for the cake:
- 2 egg yolks (keep the whites)
- 70 g of sugar
- 35 g of flour
- >˝ sachet of yeast
2. Mix the egg yolks, the sugar, the flour, the yeast and the vanilla sugar well. Add the whipped egg whites to this (2 from the cake and 1 from the cream).
3. Line a square or rectangular mould with greaseproof paper spread with butter, pour in the mixture and spread well. Place in a hot oven 7/8 (210/240°) for around 10 minutes, the cake must be golden.
4. Once cooked, turn the cake out on to a damp cloth, remove the paper, pile on the cream and immediately roll the cake. When it is cool or before serving, sprinkle abundantly with icing sugar.